Re: Basic Debian hd mounting...

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, jd? wrote:

> Greetings all,
Hello!  Welcome.

> my question how would i go about mounting that filesystem so that i can
Ok.  Assuming it's the first partition on your first (master) ide hard
drive,  it's located at /dev/hda1.  As root,  you'll want to do

mkdir /win95
mount -t vfat /dev/hda1

at which point you can "cd /win95" and you'll be at the root (C:\) of your
windows partition.  Then copy them to someplace in your linux partition
and do "dpkg -i filename.deb" ... where "filename" is teh name of the
package:  xemacs20-1.deb might be one,  for example.

> filesystem for access & how would i go about installing x???
Install the X .deb files (you'll need xbase,  an xserver that works with
your video card,  and maybe something else,  check out www.debian.org
for the exact dependencies) with dpkg -i,  as above.  Then run xf86config.

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
			       lowe@cis.udel.edu
			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/