Hard links to a directory in a chroot environment

Here's what I want to do:

Have restricted ftp access for users (chroot to their home directory).

Allow certain users to be webmasters, these users should have a link in
their home directory to a common directory that they can all read/write to.

I'm using wu-ftpd, ext2fs file system and debian 1.3. This should work
according to the documentation that I've read. But apparently ext2fs does
not allow hard links to directories. Is this true? Is there any other way
to implement this?

Thanks in advance,

Al Youngwerth
alberty@apexxtech.com