Re: sendmail errors on console

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997, Ralph Winslow wrote:

> I've been seeing many message pairs of the form:
>
> sendmail: /etc/smail/transports: check_path: unknown attribute
> sendmail: mail moved to /var/spool/smail/error/)xCNcr-0003CsC
>
> on my console.  It's a bit annoying (I avoid tty1 and work tty2-tty6)
> and I'd like to make it stop.  Can anyone advise me what to do? TIA

Yes, fix your smail config, which is what is generating the messages.
Running smailconfig as root should allow you do configure it for most
common setups

> And BTW what does IIRC mean?  I doubt it's related to Internet Relay
> Chat.

Stands for "If I Recall Correctly"

--
                       |        Your friends will know you better in the
    Scott K. Ellis     |     first minute you meet than your acquaintances
    storm@gate.net     |           will know you in a thousand years.