Re: TeTeX question (newbie)

Daniel Doro Ferrante <danieldf@cecm.usp.br> writes:

> 	Hi all.
>

> 	I would like to install some new TeX packages to my system, mainly
> those distributed with TUG/CDROM. What do I do to install it? Is it only
> copping to a directory and updating the paths, or is there anything else?

You should install them in a subdirectory /usr/lib/texmf/local (which
points to /usr/local/lib/texmf) and to run texhash after installing
them.  You can use the kpsewhich command to check if your files are
found.

        Torsten

--
"What a depressingly stupid machine"
                              The Restaurant at the End of the Universe