Re: install new kernel 2.0.30 ??

Hi,

	Installing a kernel image package just puts a kernel image in
 boot,  symlinks to /vmlinuz, and offers t run Lilo.

	Whether you get the new version on next bootup depends on
 whether your bootup process is aware that you upgraded. If you use
 LILO, did you (after checking /etc/lilo.conf) run lilo again? If you
 use loadlin, did you update the image that loadlin looks at? If you
 use a floppy to boot, did you update the image on the floppy?

	manoj
--
 "Bring the little ones unto me, and I will get a good price for
 them." Dr. Fegg