Re: Background NFS Mounts

> I'm having a problem with my computer hanging for large amounts of time
> when it is not connected to the network because of some NFS mounts it does.

You can use the "noauto" option, and spawn a background job to mount
them in a minute.  E.g.,

fstab:
------
flakey:/ /nfs/flakey nfs defaults,soft,noauto  0  0

/etc/rc.boot/local: (or wherever you put these things)
# Mount flakey soon.
echo mount /nfs/flakey | at now + 1 minute

Works for us; if you don't want to be emailed when it fails you can
redirect 2>/dev/null.

G'Luck,

--
Pete Harlan