Re: cdrom

> Hi:
>
> I first time try Linux. After install base system and boot up, I use
> dselect to set package. Although the cdrom is installed succefully
> during driver disk, the dselect ask me following:
>
> Insert the CD-ROM and enter the block device name [/dev/cdrom]:
>
> What is the block device name I should enter?

Depends on what (and where) your CD ROM is.

If you have an ATAPI CD-ROM (most common), it might be installed as /dev/hdb,
/dev/hdc, or /dev/hdd.

There are other possibilities - one of my machines has a Goldstar CD
attached to a Reveal sound card - that's /dev/gscd.

You might want to symlink the real device name to /dev/cdrom
  ie.  ln -s /dev/hdd /dev/cdrom

Cheers,

 - Jim