Re: scsi controllers, bsd file system

a-hah!  I've gotten somewhere--but it's not good.

Once I connected the three scsi devices, I found that it finds all 3.
But . . . The last device in the list does not get a /dev/srX entry.
Thus with jus a cd and a zip in the chain, the cd gets one, but not the
zip.  With both cd's & the zip, both cd's but not the zip.  with just a
cd, nothing gets one.  e.g.:

scsi0 <fdomain>: BIOS version 3.4 at 0xc8000 using scsi id 7
scsi0 <fdomain>: TMC-18C30 chip at 0x140 irq 11
scsi0 : Future Domain TMC-16x0 SCSI driver, version 5.44
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-ROM CDU-8001   Rev: 3.2i
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
  Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIP 100           Rev: D.09

and there should be, but isn't, a recognition that the zip is id5 and
sr1.

Also, i think the nec drive has a problem.  I can mount my kids cds as
iso devices in the apple drive (don't know how far i could read, but at
least the beginnings), but not on the nec (which hangs).

I can't mount these cd's that you've so generously sent, though.  I've
tried iso9660 and ext2.  Are they possibly msdos?  (i'm compiling more
modules for this at the moment).

rick