PATH and other environment variables

Let me preface this by saying I might have screwed this up by myself...

After installing debian-1.3, I find that the PATH is not very complete.
After is quick look, it lacks the paths for games (/usr/games/) and
mh programs (/usr/bin/mh/).

Aren't these packages supposed to add their path to /etc/profile and
/etc/csh.login ?

Also, setting LS_OPTIONS to something liek "--8bit --color=tty -F -T 0"
would be nice.  The default setup doesn't have a working colour `ls'.

Also, `xterm' doesn't start because it says it can't find the proper
termcap entry.  rxvt starts okay.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist             <galbraith@mixing.qc.dfo.ca>
Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada