Re: Ian Jackson, a question for you.....Re: How does Debian sound?

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Dave Cinege wrote:

> This is also how I pronounce it. But the question really is, how does the
> guy who made it pronouce it? I guess it hinges on how he says his name.

Why?  My guess is that most people who have run across Debian (or Linux)
pronounce it based upon how they think it should sound after reading the
word, or based upon how a friend pronounced it.
I pronounce Linux as Linn-ux, not Line-ux even though it may have been a
play on the name Linus, who pronounces his name as Leenus.  As for Debian
I say Dee-Bee-Un.

Mark