Re: Rogers Cable Access..a follow-up

I can't speak for Mr. Macdonald but I have a Motorola cable modem
from Time-Warner and what I was told was that it does 25 Mbs into
my house and 1-3 Mbs out of my house (ie the cable side of the
cable modem). The bottleneck is at the ethernet side of the cable
modem, which is capable of about 6 Mbs sustained on a PCI bus. This
is all what I was told by the sys admin at Time-Warner. Most of the
time the limiting factor is servers "out there" on the net....

The system is extremely well admistered. The have done several
hardware updates already. Every aspect of the system is FAST.
I gladly pay $34.95 a month.