Re: pcmcia support, debian 1.2, NEC versa 6030H

The error message is misleading, to say the least.  The problem is
most likely that between the kernel and the modules, one is compiled
with CONFIG_MOD_VERSIONS set and the other is not.  To fix it you
could install the kernel sources, run "make menuconfig", and
compile the kernel and modules:

make dep
make clean
make zImage
[Test the new kernel.  I copy it to my dos partition and
	use loadlin.exe after booting Caldera opendos.]
make modules
make modules_install .

I have done this several times and I am 'C' illiterate.

--Brian.