[ANNOUNCE] pchat: Psychic chat was Re: PPPproblem

			 pchat: Psychic Chat
			 ===================

This is to announce the upcoming release of the new _pchat_
replacement for chat(1), part of ppp 2.2.0f for Linux.  There are
still a few bugs to be worked out, but I'm confident that in a few
days it will be available from your nearest CPAN site under
.../authors/id/CEVANS/pchat-1.0.tar.gz.  (See http://www.perl.com/CPAN
for more info on CPAN.)

pchat is a re-implementation of chat in Perl, using some of the latest
neural net technology provided by Tuomas Lukka's Neural module for
Perl.  For the first version, pchat will read the mind of the invoker
of pon(1) to determine what parts of the chat script are passwords and
should be protected before passing to syslog(3).

Plans for future versions include automatic selection of which of
multiple ISPs to connect to and automatic connection up to 60 seconds
before needed to allow time for the dialing to complete, making diald
obsolete.  Version 2 will automatically track down and scan the minds
of systems operators and developers responsible for the ISP's dialup
connection in order to provide foolproof connection to all ISPs
running some kind of PPP dialup.

Please direct all comments and suggestions to me, Carey Evans, at
<c.evans@clear.net.nz>.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

		 "Double, double, toil and trouble, /
		   Fire burn and cauldron bubble."            P.S. :-)