g77 0.5.20-1

when i try to compile the following program

      program andx

      integer a,b
      data a/11/ b/10/

      print *, and(a,b)

      stop
      end

using g77 version 0.5.20-1 i get:

No AND implementation.
f/com.c:4884: failed assertion `"unimplemented intrinsic" == NULL'
gcc: Internal compiler error: program f771 got fatal signal 6

the g77 info page says that "bit-manipulation intrinsics supported by
traditional `f77' and by `f2c' are available in the GNU Fortran
language." i can compile the same program with f2c. is this a problem
with the debian version of g77, or with g77 in general?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |