Re: Ethernet not found

Try this when modconf asks for the command line:
  io=0x200 irq=your_card's_irq

If you don't know the irq just leave it out and see if it works. You can also
try the insmod utility from command line with something like:
  insmod card_driver_module io=0x200 irq=the_irq

If you do that you also have to fix your /etc/conf.modules. This is what it
looks like for my 3c509 module:
  options 3c509 io=0x300 irq=10

Since you probably want it to load automatically during boot /etc/modules
needs some work too. Again this is what I have:
  3c509
Just a single line with the name of the module is enough.

These examples are for a 3c509 card but I think most of the cards understand
the io and irq parameters. However this only worked for me after I run pnpdump
which comes with the isapnptools package.

The modconf utility in /usr/sbin is the same that is run during the install
procedure. Modconf takes care of the /etc/modules and /etc/conf.modules
updating so you don't have to fix them by hand.

Jordi Inglada wrote:

> 	First, when I was running the installation program and I tried to
> install the drivers disk, none of the drivers was found. I got a
> dialogue box asking me for a command line for the device and and didnt
> know what to do, so I went forward. Afterwards, I got the message
> "device not found at 0x020". Of course, because my card is at 0x200.

[cut]

> 	So my question is: how can I force the installation program to find my
> card, and can I install it with dselect?

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland