Has anyone installed on a Toshiba T2115CS?

I'm trying to install on a Toshiba T2115CS, and it was working fine
yesterday, but today the lcd will not stay turned on very long at all...
I'm really not sure whether this is a hardware problem with the machine,
or if something installed wrong.

I have the December InfoMagic 6-CD Linux Developer's Resource set.  My
primary computer has a CD drive (the Toshiba doesn't), so I was using a
PPP link and dpkg-ftp to do a full install.  It took so long, I went to
bed and when I got up this morning, the LCD was blank.  No key combination
would start it and I eventually gave up and powered it off.  I've since
run the tsetup program and verified that the display auto shut off is
disabled, but it keeps shutting off -- even while running tsetup (which is
why I'm not ruling out a hardware problem).  APM was one of the things
that I was installing, but since I don't know how far the install got, I
don't know if it was installed or not.

Anyone know what I should look for, or have any suggestions of ways to
narrow down what is going on?

Thanks,
 Frank