Re: How come there is no `Reply to' field

On Sat, 21 Dec 1996, Walter Tautz wrote:

> I am curious as to why there is no `Reply to' field from this list? Is
> this a deliberate technique to decrease traffic. Just wondering...

Because "Reply-to: list@foo.bar" is evil. :-)

Actually, I had a pointer to a site that explained why Reply-to:  list is
bad... I lost the address, unfortunately.

Are you adding in manually "debian-user@lists.debian.org" to the cc each
time you want to reply to the list? If so, poke around your mailer a bit
more. Every decent email program has an option that does "reply to all".
On elm, it's the "g" key. Pine asks you if you want to reply to all
recipients when you reply to a list message or a message with a cc.
If you're  not using one of these two, look around the help files!

  Christian