Re: Problems with Sendmail and X..

In article <[🔎] Pine.BSF.3.95.961221045325.13916B-100000@zot.io.org>, you wrote:

>Thanks for you help.. got my sendmail work.. but still trying to figure
>out what the problem with X and my PS2 mouse... any ideas anyone?

A work-around would be to:

- install gpm.
  - Make sure that In your '/etc/gpm.conf'
    device=/dev/xxx  (xxx is the device name of your mouse I believe psmouse)
    responsiveness=
    type=ps2
    append='-R'
- check out that gpm is running and you can see the mouse cursor on your Linux
  console (if not you have to work on your gpm config). you may start gpm by
  typing as root '/etc/init.d/gpm start'
- make sure that '/dev/mouse' is a symbol link to '/dev/gpmdata'
- change the Protocol and the Device type of your Pointer.
  the Section "Pointer" in '/etc/X11/XF86Config' should contains
	Protocol "MouseSystems"
	Device "/dev/mouse"

and that's it, I believe your mouse should function properly on X by now :)

Hope this will help.

PS: this trick is drawn from the documentations of gpm package. Many thanks
    goes to it's author Alessandro Rubini