Re: file permission for cdrom /dev/hdc etc

If I can assume you don't really want your users to access the raw device,
I think you will find all is well.  On my system, when I mount the
device (/dev/mcd) on /cdrom, everyone can read it.  I also have the "user"
option in my /etc/fstab which lets anyone mount the cd.  This may or
may not be desirable in your situation.

This is what my fstab entry looks like:
/dev/mcd /cdrom iso9660 defaults,noauto,ro,user 0       2

Hope I answered your question.

Jim.
---------  Received message begins Here  ---------