Re: Apache 1.1.1 ate my website!

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Marty Leisner wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.961021172721.17484A-100000@blue.optimed.com>,   you w
> rite:
> >I know that at least one of the 2.0.x kernels has major problems when
> >running Apache. Sorry, I don't remember which one. So you might want to
> >try another kernel and see if that fixes your problem.
>
> I'm running apache on a non-busy system on 2.0* -- never a problem.
>
> What compiler options are you using?
>
> My recommendation is use -g -O, run gdb on the core and do a backtrace...
>
> (source is a wonderful thing to have).

No, it wasn't a problem with Apache, it's a problem with one, or possibly
a few, Linux kernels. I'm not sure if that was the problem of the original
poster or whether it was something completely different.  I never
experienced the problem myself as I never ran that particular kernel. I
only know about it from reading the kernel mailing list. It has since been
fixed though in later kernels.

Gerry