anyone got Crack to work in Debian

I recently downloaded Crack_4.1 from Sunsite (I couldn't find a Debian
version, there isn't one is there?). When I ran it, I got "Version of
crypt() being used internally is not compatible with standard.
Terminating...".

Is this true that Debian crypt() is non-standard? Has anyone got this to
work with Debian? It seemed like there might be other things that needed
to be changed to get it to run, but the crypt thing seemed like the most
serious. I did successfully run Crack a year or so ago on a Linux system.
Don't know what's changed since then.

Gerry
gerry@optimed.com