twm menu config

Hey all,
	Anybody out there using twm who knows how to get it to execute a
program from a popup menu?
	I'm trying something like:

Menu "myapps" {
"My Applications"  f.title
"chess"		   f.exec xboard
}

Apparently, sh (BASH, in my case) can't run binary executables.  I have
found that sh -c some_executable will run some_executable from a prompt
(I used the fortune program to test this), but I can't find a way to
pass the -c to sh in the f.exec function call.  I have also tried:
f.exec $(xboard)
it complains about the $ sign, so I tried enclosing it in quotes, then
it didn't work at all.

                ^^^^^^^^     "Truth suffers
               ^ *    * ^     from too much
                   |          analysis."
                 -_  _-       - Ancient
                   ^^         Fremen Saying
#include <stddisclaimer.h>
#include <MyBiasedOpinions.h>

cmwatts@telepath.com
Linux - Why use windows when there is a door?
Uptime(LinuxSystemDoingTaskA) >= Uptime(WindowsSystemNotDoingADamnThing)