really old bugs

I just went perusing the bug lists and noticed two things:

The mirror at debian.org is severely out of date. The mirror maintainer seems
to know this, as there is a message there saying so. I was wondering if this
was going to be corrected soon?

More importantly, I see bugs still listed (at the primary site) as outstanding
which are over a year old! I can't imagine many of them are *actually* still
not solved after that long. Is anything done to periodically clean obsolete
bugs out of the list?  (Yes, I am offering to be the bug-cleaner-outer, if
someone is needed for the task).

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while
   the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
   - William Stekel