help with ppp

Hi,

I seem to have a double problem to use ppp.

1) If I try pppd as a normal user, I get an error that I miss write access, and
pppd exits immediately. This should be easy...

2) (tougher) If I try as a superuser, I can connect, ping, etc... But if I try
to telnet certain addresses (nearly local ones), I get the following curious
message:

kernel: Problem: block  on freelist at 0062a808 isn't free.

This gets repeated at the frightening rate of growing the /var/log/messages
file 0.5Mb/minute or so...

This might be related to a message I see at boot time:
(out of memory: this does not get written anywhere...)
IOCADDR error no such device

Any idea? Thanks!

Amities,

		Jean Orloff
+Tel:(33)50.09.16.75   Fax:(33)50.09.94.95   http://lapphp0.in2p3.fr/~orloff/+
"A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
True accident report, from the Toronto News on July 26, 1977.