Re: IDE cdrom

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Shawn Asmussen wrote:

> No, the drive is definately set up as the only device on the controller.
> The cdrom can be jumpered for only device, master, or slave, and it's
> jumpered for only device.

I suggest you try jumpering it as master. I have Linux running on
three different machines with an ide cd-drive. In all cases the drive
is the only device on the secondary ide, and all drives are jumpered
as master. All were recognised as hdc without a need for boot
parameters.

 #   sbolt@xs4all.nl   #   Steven Bolt   #   popular science monthly KIJK    #