Re: "Dynamic Disk Overlay": do debian boot and root ...

In message <[🔎] 61hfYZvjcsB@khms.westfalen.de>, Kai Henningsen
writes:
>sde1000@cam.ac.uk (Stephen Early)  wrote on 28.01.96 in
<Pine.LNX.3.91.9601281
>30244.16599C-100000@myrddin.chu.cam.ac.uk>:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Alan Eugene Davis wrote:
>>
>> > Are debian's boot and root disks able to deal with Ontrack
"Dynamic
>> > Disk Overlay" used on large IDE drives?
>>
>> As far as I know, Linux will not work at all with this
program.

>I seem to remember that support for several partition schemes
like this
>has recently - whatever that means - added to the kernel. Newer
kernels
>should probably work.
>

>MfG Kai

	At startup DDO replaces the BIOS calls that DOS uses to read
and write to the drive.  If you look at the partition table for
this it's labeled as a non-DOS partition.  It moves the FAT
table to somewhere else on the drive making it pretty much
useless to anything that doesn't talk DDO.

--Chris

Christopher Blizzard		| "The truth knocks on the door and you say
cdblizza@mailbox.syr.edu	| 'Go away.  I'm looking for the
truth,' and