Re: a unified documentation interface without overkill

Lars Wirzenius:
.  [A] systematic method of using keywords is a good thing, but not
.  enough.  There is no limited set of keywords that will cover all
.  occations.  A full text search is also needed.  (It's easier to
.  implement, as well...)

True, but you can do a lot with a finite set, and full text search is
already available.  It's probably also a good idea to think in terms
of a hierarchy of keywords.  Searching on a high-level keywords would
bring up hits on all its detail keywords.  [I can easily see four
levels of keywords -- perhaps "overly broad", "broad", "narrow",
"overly specific".]

I imagine we could peruse the HOWTOs (and perhaps FAQs?) to get an
initial set of overly broad (or perhaps more precise) keywords.  We'd
also want to throw a classification or two for debian-specific topics
(packaging?).

--
Raul