xbase installation problem

Dear debians,

I'm sorry to bother you with such a simple question, but maybe one of
you wizards can point me into the right direction... I'm trying to
upgrade to the new XFREE86 3.1.2-1 packages and fail everytime I unpack
the xbase package:

# dpkg --unpack xbase-3.deb
Unpacking ./xbase-3.deb, containing xbase...
tar: Could not create symlink to console: File exists
dpkg-deb subprocess tar returned error exit status 2
dpkg - error: xbase: failed to install (exit status 1) (skipping this package)
dpkg: 1 errors occured.

However, I can't find any symlinks to console... :-(

Thank you in advance for any ideas that might help me!

Cheers, Roman

--
Roman Schneider                            Tel. +49-621-1581-403
Institut fuer deutsche Sprache             Fax. +49-621-1581-200