Re: remote clock sync

mharnois@sbt.net (Michael Harnois)  wrote on 26.01.96 in <[🔎] 31091308.1804303@mailhost.sbt.net>:

> There is a list of public ntp servers at
>
> 	http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/servers.html

This should probably be mentioned somewhere in the xntp distribution.

I got my list of ntp servers long ago when I was still using Slackware; I
don't remember where I got it. Of course, I use servers in Germany - it's
a bad idea to cause international traffic just to fix the clock.

These seem to follow a naming convention:

 ntps1-0.cs.tu-berlin.de
 ntps2-3.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE

and so on. I don't know if such a convention exists outside Germany.

MfG Kai