Help with my CD-Rom !

Hi there,
I'm a new user of debian-Linux and I have some troubles.
I have DX2-66Mhz, Two harddisks ( c:=MsDOS; D:=LINUX),
4 MB Ram, 14400 modem and a soundblaster Pro and a
Diamond Stealth 64 DRam.

Of course I want to make use of all this as comfortable as possible.

Now the problems
1: How can I make my cdrom working ?
   ( add. Mitsumi FX400, IDE, irq14, I/O address=0x01F0)
   I heard that I can configure manually LILO.

2: I have the 4 CD-set from Infomagic, from March 1995.
   How can I start gcc, X-windows ?
   The problem is that "dselect" doesn't work, because I use debian-linux.

3: If I want to start Lilo, the message is" Sorry dont know how to handle
   device 0x0160" or something like that. What does it mean ?

Thank for taking the time

R. Jankie