Re: [OT] Debian libre de systemd

El Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:06:35 +0200, Manolo Díaz escribió:

Es lo que tiene el webmail de Gmail: si cambias el asunto te rompe el
hilado.

> Acabo de leer este hilo [1] en el que parece que varios pesos pesados
> del desarrollo de Linux no tienen mucho mejor concepto de systemd.
>
> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1766907

Copio/pego lo que opina de Debian y su decisión con respecto a systemd (y
GNOME):

***
Debian has always held the line against this kind of thing in the past,
and has always earned my utmost respect and loyalty for their
integrity. Debian's decision here was as a hand forced. Debian has made
a grave and cowardly mistake here, and they need a course correction
immediately. Incorporating systemd was not an intelligent choice, and
certainly not one very well considered. Debian must reject systemd and
its ilk, and restore itself to the values that got Linux to this
point in history, in no small part *led* by Debian. They must loudly and
publicly divorce themselves from GNOME, however painful and upsetting
that may seem in the sort term, and focus on the core values of
simplicity and freedom. Put systemd and it's cabal in non-free where it
belongs if you must. Let the user decide if that's what
they want. Enlightenment is an excellent choice for a default desktop
that does not have the bloated baggage of GNOME. And to the Debian
Leaders - after 20 years of my loyalty and evangelism, you really let
me and all of us down. You need to grow a fucking pair and do the right
thing here and now.
***

No conozco al autor del mensaje pero no puedo estar más de acuerdo.

Saludos,

--
Camaleón