Re: [2da SOLUCION PARCIAL] Fwd: [MUY OT] Colocando la hora en sistema windows con linux.

El día 11 de julio de 2013 17:47, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> escribió:
> El Thu, 11 Jul 2013 17:14:32 +0200, fernando sainz escribió:
>
>> El día 11 de julio de 2013 16:59, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
>> escribió:
>
> (...)

>>> Carallo... ¿tienes documentación sobre ntpd y esto que dices del ajuste
>>> de la hora de la BIOS? Ya sabía que manualmente se podía ajustar con
>>> "hwclock" pero no tenía ni idea que ntpd lo hiciera de manera
>>> predeterminada.
>
>> En la página de hwclock sección: Automatic Hardware Clock
>> Synchronization By the Kernel Ya sé que es una página muy larga....
>
> Lo es... ¿pero habla de ntpd?
>
>> También puedes mirar el man rtc
>
> En las "notas" se lee:
>
> ***
> When  the  kernel's system time is synchronized with an external
> reference using adjtimex(2) it will update a designated RTC periodically
> every 11  minutes. To do so, the kernel has to briefly turn off periodic
> interrupts; this might affect programs using that RTC.
> ***
>
> Pero sigue sin decir nada del demonio ntpd... ¿o es que ntpd usa
> "adjtimex" internamente? Hum... no me termina de quedar claro.
>
> Saludos,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Automatic Hardware Clock Synchronization By the Kernel
       You should be aware of another way that the Hardware Clock is kept syn‐
       chronized  in  some  systems.   The  Linux kernel has a mode wherein it
       copies the System Time to the Hardware Clock every 11 minutes.  This is
       a  good mode to use when you are using something sophisticated like ntp
       to keep your System Time synchronized. (ntp is a way to keep your  Sys‐
       tem  Time synchronized either to a time server somewhere on the network
       or to a radio clock hooked up to your system.  See RFC 1305).

       This mode (we'll call it "11 minute mode") is off until something turns
       it  on.   The  ntp daemon xntpd is one thing that turns it on.  You can
       turn it off by running anything, including hwclock --hctosys, that sets
       the System Time the old fashioned way.

S2.