Re: Mapa de distros (era: Mejor Centos o Debian)

No es mi intención causar polemica ni irme a la historia de los SO, hablo de las familias de distribuciones actuales, y como seleccionar la distro que puede convenirte según tu experticia..

2013/4/12 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
El Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:14:00 -0500, Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra escribió:

> El 12 de abril de 2013 10:39, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> escribió:

(...)

>> Lo que me recuerda un mapa de distros que he visto por ahí muy chulo
>> (buscando...). Este:
>>
>> http://futurist.se/gldt/wp-content/uploads/12.10/gldt1210.png

> Suse es independiente no deriva de Slackware.

A mí también me gustaría que eso fuera cierto pero va a ser que no.

¿No has visto el mapa? Entonces seguro que tampoco leerás esto ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUSE_Linux_distributions#Origins

"(...) The company started as a service provider, which among other
things regularly released software packages that included Softlanding
Linux System (SLS, now defunct) and Slackware, printed UNIX/Linux
manuals, and offered technical assistance. These third party products
SUSE initially used had those characteristics and were managed by SUSE in
different fashions:

- In mid-1992, Peter MacDonald founded SLS, which offered the first
distribution to contain elements such as X and TCP/IP.[citation needed]
The company was sending a set of 40 floppy disks containing Slackware to
people who wanted to get Linux.

- Slackware (maintained by Patrick Volkerding) was initially based
largely on SLS, and the SUSE Linux distribution was originally a German
translation of Slackware. In 1994 Patrick Volkerding's scripts were
translated, accompanying the original S.u.S.E Linux 1.0 distribution,
which was a German version of Slackware, developed in close collaboration
with Volkerding. The floppies turned into CDs."

Saludos,

--
Camaleón