Re: mailx sin exim ni ningun otro MTA

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, kazabe wrote:

> Holas.
>
> Necesito instalar mailx para poder enviar mensajes directametne desde
> el servidor, pero cuando lo voy a instalar, me dice que una de las
> dependencias obligatorias es exim (o cualquier MTA).
>
> El caso es que uso ZIMBRA en el mismo servidor, por lo que no puedo
> instalar ningun MTA en el servidor, pues generaria conflictos con mi
> esquema de correo.
>
> Es posible instalar mailx sin cumplir con esa dependencia del MTA?

No lo he probado pero se ajusta bastante, especialmente el último párrafo:

Package: equivs
 This package provides a tool to create Debian packages that only
 contain dependency information.
 .
 One use for this is to create a metapackage: a package whose sole
 purpose is to declare dependencies and conflicts on other packages so
 that these will be automatically installed, upgraded, or removed.
 .
 Another use is to circumvent dependency checking.  If a package P is
 not installed on the system, packages that depend on P cannot normally
 be installed.  However, if functionality equivalent to P is known to
 be installed, this tool can be used to trick the Debian package
 management system into believing that package P is actually installed.
 NOTE: this should be considered a crude hack to work around awkward
 situations, not a normal solution.  If you use equivs to work around
 bugs in other Debian packages, you should also file bug reports
 against those packages.