Re: VMware Workstation

Tomas Zulberti escribió:
> On 7/30/07, Tonny <tonny_logicc@yahoo.es> wrote:
>> Guillermo Salas M. escribió:
>>>
>>> Instale hace poco virtualbox el cual funciona muy bien y es GPL, puedes
>>> ver instrucciones para hacerlo trabajar en Debian en:
>>> http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
>>>

>>> Saludos,
>>>
>> concuerdo contigo virtualbox es muy bueno lo e utilizado...
>>

> A mi me parecio tan bueno como el VmWare... pero la ser GPL, me quede con el VB.
>
> Saludos,
> TZ

VirtualBox es GPL....?

VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation License (PUEL)

This license applies if you download the full VirtualBox binaries from
the Downloads page. It does not apply to the VirtualBox Open Source
Edition (OSE), which falls under the GPL instead; see Editions for
details about the differences between these releases.

In summary, the VirtualBox PUEL allows you to use VirtualBox free of charge

   * for personal use or, alternatively,
   * for product evaluation.

In addition, academic use of VirtualBox is also permitted free of
charge by the PUEL.

If you do not belong to either category, you will have to purchase a
commercial license. Do not hesitate to contact InnoTek in this matter.

The VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE) is the one that has been
released under the GPL and comes with complete source code. It is
functionally equivalent to the full VirtualBox package, except for a few
features that primarily target enterprise customers. This gives us a
chance to generate revenue to fund further development of VirtualBox.

Evidentemente es GPL las versión OSE.... pero con algunas restricciones
funcionales...

--
oM

Omar G. Murray [Crux_]