Postfix ignores mailbox_command on local delivery

Hi, folks...

I started setting up virtual users a few days ago for providing ISP-like
services using Postfix, Courier-IMAP/POP3 and a MySQL database as
backend. I read the common google'd documents (like my favorite
http://www.marlow.dk/tech/postfix.html) and got it working.

Now I'd like to alter the mailbox_command in the main.cf of postfix (to
change it to maildrop) and found out something strange that I haven't
seen on non-Debian postfix installations:

The mailbox_command is completely ignored for local delivery of emails
to system users. My mail.log reads this:

===
Feb 22 14:22:23 torf postfix/local[19361]: 2117E623E6:
to=<chaas@workaround.org>, relay=local, delay=3, status=sent
("|/usr/bin/procmail")
===

...although the mailbox_command is defined as...

===
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN
===

This mailbox_command is only used when I specifiy a transport of
"virtual:" like I do for the numerous virtual users (virtual in the way
that they do not have system accounts but only exist in the MySQL
database). But whenever I use a "local:" transport method I get a
'naked' procmail deliver.

If anyone has seen and understood this I'd appreciate comments. If you
ask why the heck I do this... well, I want to make postfix stop
delivering when the destination mailbox is over quota. Unfortunately it
seems like postfix also ignores my "mailbox_size_limit" so I felt I must
force postfix to use a kind of 'maildrop' or 'deliverquota'.

 Christoph

--
~
~