Re: qt designer and mysql

On 03.Okt 2002 - 10:51:24, Earl F Hampton wrote:
> I'm trying to use the database from qt designer. It will not connect to the
> database. I get:
>
> "Could not connect to database.
> Please ensure that the database server is running and that all the connection
> information is correct.
> [Driver not loader
> Driver not loaded]"

> I get the same message no matter what I leave out in the connection info.

You should provide the Driver (I think its QMYSQL3 ), the port, the
hostname, the databasename, the username and the password (if none leave
it empty). But as far as I can see, the problem is indeed that the
driver cannot be found.

> I can connect to the database useing a bunch of other clients "tora, mysql,
> mysql-navigator,GtkSql ...

Don't know about tora. mysql uses the libmysqlclient, as does
mysql-navigator (this also uses qt, but version 2 and that had no
SQL-Driver support). GtkSql uses something similar to QT but in
the GTK-Environment.

> I've got qt3-dev and libqt3-mysql installed. I'm running woody.

Can you connect to the Database using qt-designer? Have you installed
libqt3? Is your program multithreaded? If so install libqt3-mt and
libqt3-mysql-mt.

I can't help you further as I don't know what else it could be.

--
Leidenschaft macht, daß man besser und schlechter handelt als die
Vernunft täte.