[MariaDB] Quel fichier de configuration modifier ?

Salut la liste,

d'après vous, quel fichier de configuration je devrais utiliser pour y apporter mes modifications perso ?
:/etc# ls -al mysql
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  869 août  10 21:07 mariadb.cnf
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   24 janv.  7 13:59 my.cnf -> /etc/alternatives/my.cnf

:/etc/mysql# ls -al ../alternatives
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   22 janv.  7 13:59 my.cnf -> /etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf

:/etc/mysql# cat mariadb.cnf
# The MariaDB configuration file
#
# The MariaDB/MySQL tools read configuration files in the following order:
# 1. "/etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf" (this file) to set global defaults,
# 2. "/etc/mysql/conf.d/*.cnf" to set global options.
# 3. "/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/*.cnf" to set MariaDB-only options.
# 4. "~/.my.cnf" to set user-specific options.
#
# If the same option is defined multiple times, the last one will apply.
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run program with --help to get a list of available options and with
# --print-defaults to see which it would actually understand and use.

#
# This group is read both both by the client and the server
# use it for options that affect everything
#
[client-server]

# Import all .cnf files from configuration directory
!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/
!includedir /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/

D'avance merci pour vos avis avisés,

Ph. Gras