Re: [Debian-eeepc-devel] Problem with wireless hotkey

Le Wednesday 13 August 2008 00:18:48 Conny, vous avez écrit :
> Gilles Mocellin skrev:
> > Hello EeePC users,
> >
> > I've never seen my wireless key working.
> > So, I investigate.
> >
> > Here's what I found:
> >
> > 1) There's only one key
> >    So, one code to handle by /etc/acpi/actions/hotkey.sh.
> >    /etc/acpi/actions/wireless.sh must be a toggle script.
> >
> > 2) The wifi hardware and led are enabled by hardware (like the
> > brightness) With the "echo 1 > /proc/acpi/asus/wlan", I saw my wifi led
> > disabled one or two seconds after having been light up.
> >    I simply remove them.
[...]
> You may take a look here, you may need the eee-kernel also I think, but
> give it a try.
>
> http://www.array.org/ubuntu/post-install.html#Hotkey_Support

That's very close to what I did.
Except for the "echo 1 in /proc/acpi/asus/wlan".

Here, I think they are wrong, specialy with doing a modprobe ath_pci before
echoing to /proc/acpi/asus/wlan...

I'm happy with my modifications, I will make a bug report on
eeepc-acpi-scripts.