RE: ICQ programs for Debian GNU/Linux

personally i prefer either kxicq or licq (for x, anyway). i've had no problems
with either losing messages or userlist entrieson me....yet.

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Timothy
Hospedales wrote:
> I have tried most of the ICQ clones available and I find
that micq is > the most stable! And does the least weird stuff like loosing
messages. The > command line thing is quite neat also; I found it unexpectedly
good to not have > to click to recieve messages - saves lots of time! :).
Unfourtunately it > doesnt look like micq is debianized; but its compiles
easily out of the box so > thats okay. I forget the URL; but just search on
freshmeat and youll find it! >         However, since micq doesnt do file
xfers; I use gtkicq whenever I have > to accept file transfers from people who
are too clueless to login to me ftp > and send it over:)