Re: Changing IP address

	Subject: Re: Changing IP address
	Date: Sun, May 30, 1999 at 05:35:52PM -0000

Quoting Pollywog(pollywog@shadypond.com):

> On 30-May-99 George Bonser wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 May 1999, Doug Thistlethwaite wrote:
> >
> >> So far I have had a couple of people help and this is what we have come up
> >> with.
> >>
> >> To change the IP address of a system the following files need to be
> >> modified.
> >>
> >> ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
> >>
> >> executes without any errors.
> >>
> >> route add -net ${NETWORK}
> >>
> >> executes and gives the error SIOCADDR: invalid argument
> >
> > Yeah, if you are using a 2.2.x kernel, comment this line out, the network
> > route is auto-added when you ifconfig the interface.
>
> I was having this problem just last night and could not figure out where this
> SIOCADDR error was coming from.
>
> --
> Andrew

Then you don't read all the mail, pollywog.  This has been given as
the fix at least once or twice a week for the last two months.

Old saying:

People should read twice as much mail as they send.

--
You know you've been spending too much time on the computer when your
friend misdates a check, and you suggest adding a "++" to fix it.