Netscape Issues

Using 4.6 on a 2.2.1 kernel:

Earlier I posted that a certain web site shuts Netscape down; no
warning, no error message. Now I'm seeing it happen with other sites as
well, but not real often.

Recently I was sent an MPEG attachment (probably from a Windows box);
trying to open it from Netscape Messenger, a new window opens and then
Netscape shuts down completely; no warning, no error message.

So I right-clicked on the mpeg attachment and did a SAVE, then from an
eterm I tried to run it in mpeg_play; mpeg_play reports garbage at the
start of the file and then claims that the clip is not an mpeg video
stream.

I would suspect a corrupt mpeg attachment, except that I've tried to
download several .wav files from Netscape the past few days and when I
try to play them with the "play" (aka sox) command, the system claims
that they are not valid wave files.

Is there something wrong with my Netscape, with my system, with the way
I'm doing things, or what?

Thanks!