Re: Copy/Cut & Past in X windows?

John Foster wrote:

> One of the things that I seem to have missed in setting up Linux is the
> ability (as in Windows) to be able to highlight almost anything in any
> window and cut/copy it to another window. I have not been able to find
> any means to do that "consistantly" in Xwindows. Some individual
> applications will allow it to be done within the application but not to
> another application. Did I just miss something or is this really missing
> in a lot of linux applications?
> Thanks!

To copy with a two button mouse, hold down left button and highlight
text.  To paste, push both left and right buttons at the same time.
With a three button copy as described above and use the middle button to
paste.  You can also triple click left button to copy a line of text.
Double click a word.
hth,
kent