Re: upgrade problem

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, johpe@b152.ryd.student.liu.se wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have upgraded from slink to potato.
> But something happend. I could not start X
> after the upgrade. So I decided to config
> XF86Config again. When I type XF86Setup I have
> got following error : _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect-
> Can't connect : errno = 111. So I tried xf86config
> but when I type startx : Fatal server
> error: could not open font 'fixed'!
> What to do ?
>
> //thx Johan
>

> --
this happened to me once... i had to reinstall the xfontbase ( i think thats
it) package. maybe this will help you. you could also try to locate a font
called fixed (i think its in misc in the X11 fonts, or maybe in
/usr/share/consolefonts?) and do a mkfontdir in that directory.

add|ct|on
slaythe@innocent.com
http://e0i-cyberpimps.virtualave.net
Debian 2.1 (potato) Linux 2.3.2