Re: Sony Vaio

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 11:56:27PM -0400, Shaleh wrote:

> > Hi, looking for information on getting Debian going on a Sony
> > Vaio.  Any information would be helpful.  A friend managed to do
> > it, but it was rather tricky...

> a) debian-laptop
>
> b) I own a 505f, install was painless, what do you need?

> hints:

> use the tecra disk
> when you compile your own kernel, make sure you compile it zImage

Hmm... yeah, that much I had figured out...  There was some messy
stuff about the hard drive being hde or something, and there is no hde
in the debian install disks.  Bunch of issues like that.. and the
thing still is pretty cranky.

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,