apt-0.3.x on slink: unable to parse package file

Hello Debian folks,

anybody out there who can help me with apt being "unable to parse package file":

I am trying to use apt-0.3.x for a series of slink CDs I wrote at the office
in order to install slink on my private PC at home. For the two official
slink CDs, everything works fine: first "apt-cdrom add", then "dselect" with
access method apt, then update package descriptions and so on...

I have written a third CD containing my download of the slink "non-US" directory
structure, for which I can also do "apt-cdrom add" without any errors.
But after adding this CD to the sources list, the update of package descriptions out of dselect gives me the following error: