How to reset a printer from debian?

Hi all!

I have a small problem with my server. It serves as a netware printer (with
mars nwe and HP-DJ670C). Sometimes it happens, that one of users sends
a print job in the wrong format (e.g. binary data for HP-LJ).
In this case, I as a supervisor have to log in, clean up the print queue and
reset the printer manually. It is very inconvenient.
I'd like to write a small, root setuid'ed, perl script, displaying a small
window on the X's screen. This window should contain one only button
"Clean the queue & reset the printer".
The only problem is, that I don't know how to reset the printer in debian
:-(.
I've checked the kernel sources and stated, that I can execute the LPRESET
ioctl for printer device. However I think it is a "dirty trick".
I should kill the lpd (to free the lp device), open lp, send the LPRESET,
and restart the lpd. Am I right?
Is there any better way to do it?
I've searched the lpd's and lpc's man pages and found nothing :-(.

--

				Thanks in advance
				Wojtek Zabolotny

http://www.debian.org  - Use Linux, save your data & time !