Re: Xfig: no Indicator Panel?

On 27 May 1999, Lance Heller wrote:
> I've used xfig under various linux releases and have not had the problem
> you describe.  However, if xfig is used on a small screen or with low
> resolution, it will size itself to the screen and some bits of it may be
> hidden.  If this is what you're seeing, "stretching" the xfig window
> should reveal whatever may be missing.  Of course this also means that
> not all of xfig can be view at one time, which under some virtual window
> managers, e.g. fvwm, may be an acceptable alternative if a higher
> resolution or larger screen are not options.
>
> Lance
>
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
> >
> > Xfig looks like a nice program but I can't get the Indicator Panel
> > described in the docs to appear. Even using the "-showallbuttons" switch
> > doesn't have any effect.
> >
> > Is anyone using Xfig and is there a way round this?
> >
> > Anthony

Yes. you were right; thanks for the suggestion. The Indicator Panel was
being chopped off at the bottom of the screen. Changing the geometry to
800x550 brings it into view.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)