Re: possible bug in sysvinit?

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Preston Landers wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think *maybe* I've found a bug in sysvinit but I'd like a sanity
> check before filing an official bug report on it.
>
> The problem is this:
>
> I've got a UPS daemon (mgeupsd, not debianized, but I might work on
> that if I can get this problem resolved.)
>
> When the power is restored, mgeupsd writes OK to /etc/powerstatus and
> sends SIGPWR to init.  At this point, init apparently does nothing.
> The first line of /etc/init.d/powerok calls logger, and checking the
> system logs, it is seemingly not called.  (Note that it originally was
> "/etc/init.d/powerfail stop" but this wasn't effective either so I
> changed it a litle in a vain debugging attempt.)
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions, or thinks I should post this on a
> different list or something?

[ appologies if this post comes out screwy, first try of web based email while I'm at work ]

First, you got the right list this time (I saw it come through the mentor list).  Second, wild guess, is the shutdown command run in the background (i.e. with an &)?  I'm not sure init will run the power up command until the power down is done.

Just a guess,
Brandon

$14.95 Unlimited Internet Access, http://www.surfree.com