Re[2]: Partitioning hard disk

Michelle Maria Coelho <mcoelho@purdue.edu> wrote:

> I guess since I'll be the only user, I needn't have a /home partition.

A '/home'  _directory_ will be created for you, and you should use it, just to
get out of the habit of always logging in as root. Since your email address at
school is mcoelho@...., I would create a user called 'mcoelho'.

> Are  any other partitions besides / and /usr needed in my situation?

The _partitions_ you 'need' are only those you specify to meet your particular
hard drive space situation; all needed _directories_ will be created for you,
under the mount points you assign to your linux native partitions.

--
Bob Bernstein                       ruptured-duck@home.com
at

-------------- this space intentionally left empty -------